Apply for funding to help assess the need for and develop a transit service in a rural or underserviced urban area: Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program
The Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program (NS-TRIP) provides funding to help assess the need for and develop transit services in rural areas and underserviced urban areas. The program provides cost sharing at various funding levels depending on the scope of the project. Funding is available for 1 project per year per organization. You can apply between 16 April 2020 for 2020 to 2021 program funding.
Apply for funding to help assess the need for and develop a transit service in rural or underserviced urban areas.
The Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program provides funding for transit projects that generate new and improved public transit services in rural areas and underserviced urban areas. Projects need to be directly related to enhancing the service capacity of new or existing public transit organizations in Nova Scotia.
You can apply if you’re:
- incorporated non-profit organization with public transit mandate
- municipalities (for underserviced areas)
- public transit provider owned by a municipality or a corporate entity on behalf of a municipality
- incorporated association representing public transit service operators in Nova Scotia
- Union of Nova Scotia Municipalities
You need to apply for funding by 16 April 2020 (applications received after 16 April will not be considered).
How to apply
- Review detailed program criteria in the Nova Scotia Transit Research Incentive Program (NS-TRIP) Guidelines.
- Apply online for the funding.
- Check the application for details on all required supporting documents.
- Submit your completed application and supporting documents.
How long it takes
It should take 6 to 8 weeks for the Department of Communities, Culture and Heritage to review your funding application and let you know if your funding application is approved. It can take longer if more information is needed or if your application hasn’t been filled in correctly.
There is no cost to apply for the funding.
When you apply online you need to know your Grants Management System username and password or register a new account.