Talking about Christmas before everyone’s ready to talk about Christmas is annoying and self-involved, but I’m doing it anyway because this year I cannot follow my usual Christmas shopping routine which is:
1) Realize Christmas is in 5 days
3) Go to Target and buy 15 things no one actually wants
4) Return home and realize I have no wrapping paper
5) Go to dollar store and buy the only wrapping paper left (smiling Santas!)
6) Return home and realize I have no tape
7) Go back to store for tape
8) See Christmas cards at store and feel nostalgic
9) Buy Christmas cards and maybe remember tape
10) Return home and realize addressing Christmas cards is the worst
11) Spend next few days trying to find Aunt Kim’s address
12) Wrap crappy gifts at 1am on Christmas Eve with shoddy dollar store tape
13) Swear to never do this again
This year nature has forced my hand into planning ahead as I will either be a) giving birth b) caring for a newborn or c) be severely overdue and not able to move during the time I’m usually scrambling for gifts.
It’s cool. Sometimes it’s nice to be forced into being an adult.
So I’m making a list. A list of things to buy for family and friends and a list of things I’d maybe want if someone begged me for a Christmas wish-list (please beg me). I’m not very good at it though. I can never think of anything I want that is not too small (Dear Santa, how about a turkey sandwich?) or not too big (Dear Santa, Cancun sounds really nice).
When it comes to buying for other people, I always end up in the candle aisle feeling dizzy and overwhelmed (does anyone really want candles?).
What do you want for Christmas? Do you have go-to gifts for certain ages/genders? Help.